Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Psalm 133

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down upon the collar of his robes. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life evermore. NIV

I love the imagery of this psalm. And the significance of the last line!

Our Lord shared this with me as I returned from a week with people who place their hope in unity...but a unity of man without God. I was greatly saddened by the experience. I believe God gave me this reminder to return to the unity of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and once refreshed, to renew the mission to bring others into our unity with the only One who can bestow life evermore.

Sir Chuck, scarred and resting from battle

No comments:

Post a Comment