Monday, August 07, 2006

A Fireball for the Lord

I shared a message a few posts ago from Tim Berry on the signs and wonders being seen in Brazil. Now Tim shares his testimony with us.


"A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, 'Peace be with you!' Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.'

Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

John 20:26-31

Many months ago I was like Thomas. I would not believe that God heals, or raise the dead because I had never seen it or really heard about it. Since November of 2005 God has taken me on a radical trip into the Father's heart. Being raised as a preachers kid of a southern baptist church I didnt get taught about miracles,signs, wonders, the gifts of the Spirit or the Baptism of the Holy Spirit that are all clearly indicated in the Scriptures.

BUT, I got hungry for more of Jesus, and he looked past my unbelief and opened my eyes to the TRUTH of scripture. If you believe He would die for your sins, then you must believe that He died for your illnesses, hardships, diseases, and sufferings. Thats what Isaiah 53 is all about. So God looked past my unbelief and baptized me in the Spirit just while driving my car one day, and I didnt know what it was. All I knew was I was weeping uncontrollably and was overwhelmed by the presence of God. A month later I started speaking in tongues and thought I was going crazy because I had been taught against tongues. So what I didnt believe, God took care of it. And since then I have been in a passionate relationship with the Lover of my soul. Healings, salvations, deliverances, visions, dreams are all wonderful, but it is all about growing closer to our Papa who is radically in love with us. In Revelation John describes His eyes as if with a burning fire. They arent on fire because he is condemning or angry, but because he is in firey love with his bride, the Church, you and me, we are the BRIDE OF CHRIST!! How awesome is that!

If you are having trouble believing these stories, it is okay. If I had told myself the same stories 10 months ago I wouldnt have believed myself. Most of my close friends, church, and yes even my own earthly dad don't believe me. They know I wouldnt lie, but at the same time these stories are "too out there" to believe/ It is a very humbling experience, but at the same time I know what is truth, and all these stories I can back them up with the Word of God. And His Word will NEVER pass away. Earth and heaven will pass away but never His Word because He is the WORD! AMEN!

So whether you beleive me or not, it won't affect me, because I know in my heart how God has radically touched my heart and has touched thousands on this trip to Brazil. I will be going back in late September so I will let you all know if I experience the same things (which is YES). But I pray that these testimonies of Jesus would strengthen your faith and create a hunger and thirst in Your spirit for greater intimacy with the one and living God who created you in His own image. And I pray that it would stir up a belief in your heart that the miracles I have seen and many others are seeing are about to come into your life. I pray that the Kingdom of God will invade your life on earth as it is in Heaven.

Feel free to argue, rebuke, criticize, comment, praise, rejoice, over these stories and I will hopefully be able to reply as well and feel free to question things I spoke of and I will do my best to answer to the best of my ability.

God Bless and Praise the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and may we be strengthened in unity by discussing the things of God.

Timothy Berry (FireBall: nickname from Brazil trip)

2 comments:

  1. "Feel free to argue, rebuke, criticize,..."

    What is to criticize; it is all to God's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were it that all could see it that way, Sir John...

    Criticizing the Charismatic movement by Scriptural comparison should be welcomed since truth that pleases God is the only concern that is valid. - John MacArthur

    From "Charismatic Chaos: "Are experiences a valid source of truth?" Find it at

    http://articles.christiansunite.com/
    article2177.shtml

    ReplyDelete