Sunday, December 24, 2006

Faith in Christ, the Gift that keeps on giving

One of the most wonderful things we can receive in these electronic times is a gift of knowledge from one of our believing brothers or sisters who understands things we do not. More and more, we find ourselves grappling with things that are strange and unfamiliar to us.

I found myself in this position this year, assailed by the concept of Kwanzaa in my home. My two youngest daughters, who soak all things musical up like sponges, were singing the lyrics from the school musical they had for their "holiday celebration." In their singing I found strange references I had no knowledge of. My tendency in past years with regard to this "holiday" was to let live and trust in Christ. But this year, with the girls singing, and numerous children's TV shows teaching me (and the kids) about the wonderful spirit of Kwanzaa, I finally was motivated to consult the easy source, Wikipedia. What I found concerned me enough to investigate further, and that is how I found this gift from a lady named Carlotta Morrow.

Sister Morrow, thank you for your gift of knoweldge this Christmas season. My children will be forever thankful...

Sir Chuck of the One Who Provides

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sir Chuck,

    For informing us of this.

    Assuming what that what is on the websites is true, it sounds like a new attack on our faith by the powers that hate the real God.

    "For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened." Rom 1:21

    The claim that Jesus is a white man's religion is totally false. Europe was basically a mass of paganism before Christ came and spread to the far reaches of the continent. We are so blessed that many of our forefathers forsook their idols and became Christians.

    Merry Christmas to all who visit the Round Table. Others may do what they wish but here we worship the Christ who is God with us.

    Sir John, in need a real God, not some man made god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Sir John. Merry Christmas to thee and thou!

    Sir Chuck

    ReplyDelete