Friday, August 15, 2008

Bush Attends Church, Meets With China's Leaders

One of the more discouraging aspects of President Bush's tenure in office is how good Christian folks have used Mr. Bush's political actions they disagree with to conclude that his Christianity is superficial or worse. My contention has always been that he has always been a true believer and has acted in counsel with Our Lord's direction.

I think this video if further proof of that...can you imagine anyone of his stature standing on the steps of a Chinese church, if he were just "faking" his Christianity for the sake of political appearances...especially when he has no more elections to run?

Sir Charles

2 comments:

  1. Can I imagine someone of his stature standing on the footsteps of a Chinese Church if he was just faking his Christianity?
    I don't know if I could theoretically imagine it. However Bush never struck me as a hypocrite. And as you say he is going to disappear in a few months. He is probably looking forward to it.
    Who would want to be President?

    Sir Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The idea that because someone does not share all of your views of that he does not defend some ideal as vigorously as we think he should is no reason to assume that someone is not a real believer.

    I do not want to be a "Monday Morning Quarterback" Always criticizing the one actually in the field while sitting safely in the bleachers.

    Sir John, backing his president.

    ReplyDelete